Warehouse Team Manager
Salary £26,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Rory Birchall
Date posted 22 June 2022midlands procurement-supply-chain/warehousing-distribution 2022-06-22 2022-08-21 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 26000 30000 30000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Role: As a Warehouse Team Manager you will be responsible for managing and leading a team of warehouse staff ensuring delivery of high performance levels. Motivate and develop team members to highest possible standards enhancing skills bases, engagement and future growth opportunities. This position is based near Birmingham Airport, working a rotating shift – Days / Backs.
Key Responsibilities of Warehouse Team Manager
- To plan daily resource requirements effectively and efficiently in alignment with performance targets at the Birmingham site.
- To plan and manage daily process area output in alignment with performance and quality targets.
- To manage people in alignment with all company policies including the application of disciplinary processes consistency and without exception
- To fully converse with all processes and Warehouse Management systems
- Ability to formulate data and present to peers and higher Management to aid decisions making and action
- Identity improvement opportunities in relation to all aspect of the process including H&S, quality cost reductions and efficiency.
- To manage processes to the highest health and safety standards, promoting a safety first and individual accountability culture within all aspect of the workplace and daily activities
- Monitoring and reviewing unit performance and individual process performance on a daily, weekly and period basis using the management information, ensuring action plans are initiated and reviewed, communicating issues and resolutions as required.
- Ensuring improvements are initiated and communicated when compliance is not met
Key competencies for the Warehouse Team Manager
- People management skills, e.g. dealing with performance issues, grievances, holidays, and absence management
- Experience of managing a team in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Uses facts and data to inform discussions, issues and find solutions
- Is able to build effective relationships helping build trust, teamwork and excellence.
- Has the ability to make difficult decisions in line with business goals
- Makes difficult but informed decisions and takes full accountability for those decisions.
- Manages performance daily, working hard to coach, mentor and develop those who are poorly performing.
- Experience working in a bonded environment is desirable.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annumLocation: BirminghamDate posted: 06 May 2022An exciting opportunity has arisen for two experienced Warehouse Managers to join a leading Distribution company based in the Birmingham area.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: LeicesterDate posted: 13 June 2022A new opportunity has arisen for a Transport Supervisor to join an established distribution company based in Leicester on a permanent basis. This will be working Sunday to Thursday this will be working between 2pm – 2am.
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 per annumLocation: DerbyshireDate posted: 23 May 2022As a Quality Manager you will assist the site in delivering the quality policies and strategies within a structure that maintains ISO9001:2008 certification. You will enhance the business performance standards and objectives by monitoring and reporting on progress in achieving key targets within the sites quality plan. The role will be based in Derbyshire offering a competitive salary.
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 per annumLocation: Sutton ColdfieldDate posted: 23 May 2022As a SAP Planner, you will be responsible for all areas of customer demand planning and factory planning, creating plans to ensure that production work flow matches the allocated materials and resources. This role will be reporting into the Planning Manager working Monday – Friday based in the West Midlands.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annumLocation: RedditchDate posted: 13 May 2022As a Logistics Manager you will be responsible for managing and leading a team of warehouse staff, ensuring high performance levels. Motivate and develop team members to highest possible standards enhancing skills bases, engagement and future growth opportunities. You will need to be proficient in the implementation of Warehouse procedures, processes and Warehouse Management Systems.