Salary + car + package
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 13 May 2022south-east procurement-supply-chain/warehousing-distribution 2022-05-13 2022-07-12 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Surrey Surrey GB Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A major Distribution business is recruiting a General Manager to lead their busy distribution operation the in Surrey area.
As the General Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Leadership of a fast paced warehouse and transport operation based near the Surrey area.
- Full P&L responsibility of both warehousing and transport operations
- To maximise the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the site providing leadership, focusing on customer requirement, effective operational performance, colleague engagement and succession planning
- To deliver sustainable growth and business performance through effective management of the operation
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement across all departments
- Develop and agree the operational budget and deliver against the budget
- Drive and deliver organic growth
- Develop strong relationships with the customer's management team
- Develop strong management capability through effective performance management, mentoring and development of the team
- Manage within the organisations HR processes to create a positive work environment
The ideal General Manager will have the following skills and responsibilities:
- Experience in leading a joint large scale warehouse and transport operation would be ideal
- Leadership experience of a high-volume and demanding customer centric operation
- Food distribution experience preferable, however, not essential
- Develops and delivers innovative solutions and services that create value for customers and the business
- Develops strategies/plans aligned to the business’ organisational strategy
- A track record in driving continuous improvement and successfully achieving exemplary operational performance
- Has thorough knowledge of the customers' and competitive environment
- A track record in the leadership of people strategies, processes and policies.
- Experience of working in partnership with line management and adherence to legislative and market requirements to achieve the aspiration of an employer of choice
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + + bonusLocation: BanburyDate posted: 08 June 2022A world leading Logistics business is recruiting a Senior Transport Manager to head up their transport operation for one of their premium customer operations, based in the Banubry area.