Warehouse Operations Manager
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 21 August 20192019-08-21 2019-10-20 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading Logistics giant is recruiting a Warehouse Operations Manager to join their site management team in the Suffolk area.
As the Warehouse Operations Manager, you will be tasked to maximise the performance of the operation by directing the daily, weekly and monthly activities; providing leadership, motivation, training and development to the workforce. Ensure that the operation supports the customer’s operations strategy on time and to budget. Work in partnership with the customer and develop strong relationships within their network. Be able to demonstrate effective communications with employees, Trade Unions and the customer base. Manage a diverse team in order to fulfil business requirements and prioritise effectively so there is no detriment to customer targets and volumes.
The ideal candidate for Warehouse Operations Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant Operational Management experience within a fast-paced Logistics environment.
- FMCG Logistics experience would be advantageous
- Financial Accountability- Experience in the development of operational budgets, Understands and measures the key cost drivers and mechanism for revenue generation
- Resource Planning - Able to produce and implement short to medium term resource plans
- Project Management
- Key performance indicator development - Experience in measuring operational performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Preventative maintenance routines - understand the business and customers need for quality management systems and standard operating procedures.
- Key understanding of legislative requirements for health and safety applicable to area of responsibility, able to demonstrate competent and proactive management of H&S agenda including clear measurements of safety related issues, continuously improving safety record of area.