Transport Team Manager
Salary £30,000 - £31,000 per annum
Consultant Craig Wiggins
Date posted 29 March 20192019-03-29 2019-05-28 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Northampton Northamptonshire GB GBP 30000 31000 31000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A leading logistics business are currently recruiting a Transport Team Manager for the expanding site in Northampton. Paying up to £31k with exceptional progression opportunities.
A leading logistics business are currently recruiting a Transport Team Manager for the expanding site in Northampton. Paying up to £31k with exceptional progression opportunities:
Key Responsibilities for Transport Team Manager:
- Support the management of a team of drivers, vehicles and administration staff to deliver the timely despatch of deliveries to our customers stores and provide a store network with a first-class service.
- Ensure all work activities carried out in accordance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
- Operate various transport software to manage and record vehicle activities in accordance with plans and customer requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Warehouse Team and Vehicle Maintenance Unit in orchestrating the movement of loads and availability of vehicles and trailers.
- Provide reports to Shift Managers.
- Deliver service in accordance with plans and targets set.
- Report and manage vehicle defects.
- Communicate with customer regarding any site issues that may impact service level.
- Deal with internal and external customer and employee concerns and enquiries.
- Interrogate plans to ensuring all work allocated to appropriate vehicles.
- Manage driver resource, when business requires.
- Carry out Driver pre-and de-briefs.
- Carry out training and communicate planned requirements to Drivers and Administrators providing information on performance, company news and procedures.
The Successful Candidate will have the following:
- Experience within Transport Management role
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages
- Commercial awareness and understand the contractual operating environment.
- Adept at prioritising and organising workload, managing multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to assimilate and process complex data and plans
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent relationship building and communications skills
- High standard of administration and computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
- Team player
- High level of discretion and judgement
- Experience of supervising and managing a team