Head of Operations
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + Car/allowance + package
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 22 February 2019 2019-02-222019-04-23 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A market leading distribution business is recruiting a Head of Operations to lead their Warehousing and Distribution operations.
As the Head of Operations, you will you will have the following responsibilities:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive major cultural change within the operation, with the end goal to deliver a world class distribution operation
- Showing a complete understanding of end to end Supply Chain Operation (including distribution and transport) with the ability to use this knowledge to generate new ideas and strategic vision.
- Delivering operational excellence on all key performance indicators
- Creating and delivering an inspiring vision the Supply Chain Operations team
- Providing direction, leadership, motivation and support to direct reports
- Ensuring fit for purpose structure and skill base to deliver the Supply Chain strategies
- Analysing and controlling supply chain costs and all aspects of inventory to minimise stock holding performance on business cash and profit
- Engaging with regional teams to understand functional requirements through the analysis of data
- Interrogation and reporting of periodic performance data for presentation at board level
- Pragmatic and ‘pace setting’ mentality, while building future proof processes and structures
- Extensive and demonstrable success operating at a Supply Chain Leadership
- Experience in B2B distribution and in an e-commerce, would be advantageous
- An outstanding leader with excellent communication and influencing skills and a proven ability to manage conflicts.
- Proven ability to execute innovation Supply Chain best practices process
- Leading a Supply Chain business transformation programme.
- A self-starter who enjoys leading and participating within project teams but has the ability to work independently with a minimum level of supervision.
- Outstanding process knowledge and commercial acumen.
- Knowledge or practical experience of Lean Supply Chain practices or Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma experience (preferred).