Head of Facilities Management
Salary + package
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 30 November 2018 2018-11-302019-01-29 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Global Logistics Business is recruiting a Head of Facilities Management to oversee the facilities management services across a national network of distribution facilities.
The Head of Facilities Management is expected to:
- Oversee the delivery of all facilities services across a national network of warehousing operations
- Develop and implement budgets for all main areas of facilities; assess historical patterns of expenditure, identify actual and projected costs for the current year and anticipate likely levels of spend in future years.
- Manage the performance of facilities suppliers and services, the maintenance of facilities contracts and budgets
- Advise on and address space management issues as they arise
- Maintain a record of policies, procedures and information sources relevant to maintaining business continuity and addressing disaster recovery
- Monitor the environmental performance and make recommendations for change where appropriate
- In addition to direct responsibility for all facilities provisions, you will lead a team of Facilities Managers across the national operation
This role is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven Head of Facilities with multi-site experience. You will be a creative, resourceful and pro-active facilities professional. Overall, you will make sure the national operation’s facility needs are met.
The ideal candidate will:
- Experience of leading facilities team for a multisite logistics operation would be highly desirable
- Be able to form a key part of the senior management team
- Have great interpersonal skills with a flexible and pragmatic approach and a pro-active approach to work
- Be able to show a proven track record of successfully overseeing facilities within a multi-site operation
- Have experience of mobilising new sites, installing set processes and procedures
- Have all-round good technical understanding of Building Management Systems and be able to apply this knowledge practically
- Be able to show a level of gravitas to engage with senior management and gain confidence in the FM services
- Show experience managing large projects from inception through to completion
- Be adaptive to change given the growth and expansion of the business
- Have strong organisational and management skills
- Be highly trustworthy and demonstrate personal integrity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy at all times.