Health and Safety Manager
Salary £40,000 - £41,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Phil Ainscow
Date posted 08 November 2018 2018-11-082019-01-07 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain UK
A global logistics business are currently hiring a Health and Safety Manager to maintain and improve site quality within a fast paced Warehouse, offering a salary of £40k + benefits.
- Ensure all H&S requirements are met to the highest possible standard throughout an extremely busy warehouse, via regular site inspections and performance monitoring
- Manage and train a team of H&S staff members to ensure all areas of the whole warehouse site are constantly monitored
- Maintain all on site facilities, including: building fabric, fixtures, fittings, car park, machinery, cleaning, waste disposal, security etc.
- Communicate with other departments not on the warehouse floor, i.e IT, HR, reception etc.
- Ensure the site is running smoothly within the agreed budget, ordering necessary equipment when needed
- Manage all refuge and recycling and be the main point of contact for cleaning contractors
- Liaise with on-site engineers/maintenance to ensure smooth operations and reduction of site breakdowns
- Regularly report in senior meetings and to the site GM on all H&S KPIs
The post holder will have the following attributes:
- Experience of managing a H&S team across a large and active warehouse
- IOSH or NEBOSH Qualification
- Able to manage and train team members effectively
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Able to comply and adhere to company policy and procedures
- Business mind to be able to adapt process to improve operations
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or send your CV to Phil Ainscow at email@example.com
For more information, please call Phil on 0161 240 7497