Site Operations Manager
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 15 October 2018 2018-10-152018-12-14 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain UK
A world leading Third Party Logistics business is recruiting a Site Operations Manager to lead their management team in the Thurrock operation.
As the Site Operations Manager, you will be tasked to maximise the performance of the operation by directing the daily, weekly and monthly activities; providing leadership, motivation, training and development to the workforce. Ensure that the operation supports the customer’s operations strategy on time and to budget. Work in partnership with the customer and develop strong relationships within their network. Be able to demonstrate effective communications with employees, Trade Unions and the customer base. Manage a diverse team in order to fulfil business requirements and prioritise effectively so there is no detriment to customer targets and volumes.
The ideal candidate for Site Operations Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant Operational Management experience within a fast-paced Logistics environment.
- Retail Logistics experience would be advantageous
- Financial Accountability- Experience in the development of operational budgets, Understands and measures the key cost drivers and mechanism for revenue generation
- Resource Planning - Able to produce and implement short to medium term resource plans
- Project Managemen
- Key performance indicator development - Experience in measuring operational performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Preventative maintenance routines - understand the business and customers need for quality management systems and standard operating procedures.
- Key understanding of legislative requirements for health and safety applicable to area of responsibility, able to demonstrate competent and proactive management of H&S agenda including clear measurements of safety related issues, continuously improving safety record of area.
My client is a blue-chip Logistics business, with more than 200,000 employees across the globe. They provide world class development and are able to offer unprecedented career growth.