Warehouse Systems Manager
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 22 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A leading Logistics Gian is recruiting a Warehouse Systems Manager to join their management team in their Staffordshire operation.
Responsible for the development and implementation of a newly rewritten work management system within the company. This includes continual defining and facilitating communication with stake-holders and the internal Information Technology Department. The Warehouse Management System Manager will be responsible for monitoring, analysing and solving issues that arise as well as implementing continuous improvements. They will also develop, coordinate and manage a small team to aid in achieving the Work Management Systems success.
Essential duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Establish, coordinate and manage the development and implementation of a newly rewritten Warehouse Management System to be utilized by warehouse operations;
- Establish, coordinate and manage the integration of new systems and/or software with existing technology;
- Analyse and identify needs of the warehouse and processing operations from a corporate level;
- Resolve daily work management system issues and continually implement improvement ideas;
- Converge daily with the Information Technology Department, to track and monitor IT related projects;
- Connect and interact regularly with other corporate departments and stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with corporate work management policy;
- Develop, coordinate and manage the Warehouse Management Specialist Team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- You will be an advanced user of SAP Warehouse Management Systems
- Initiate Knowledge of a warehousing operation
- Knowledge of ERP Operating Systems and work-flow required;
- Previous operations management experience in the Metals Service Center industry;
- Interpersonal communication skills coupled with knowledge to effectively support the Information Technologies Team;
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings;
- Superior organizational, planning and multi-tasking capabilities;
- Effective communicator, motivator and leader;
- Computer skills; including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.