Warehouse Team Manager
Salary £27,000 - £29,000 per annum
Consultant Craig Wiggins
Date posted 29 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A retail giant is recruiting for a warehouse team manager for their day shift at their national distribution centre in Staffordshire. Paying £27k-£29k
A retail giant is recruiting for a warehouse team manager for their day shift at their national distribution centre in Staffordshire.
Leading a team of up to 60 colleagues daily and 150 in peak periods the client is looking for talented individuals with line management experience to achieve the shift/weekly work targets through the effective motivation and utilisation of the team which supports in the overall delivery to a great customer experience.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a high standard of communication through team briefing, consultation, employee reviews and one-to-one conversations.
- Improving operational performance in service, cost and colleagues in line with agreed approach ensuring sustainable change.
- Maintaining operational compliance to all agreed processes ensuring all Team Members work accordingly.
- Assisting in the selection of future team members, ensuring full functional training is carried out; identify further training needs and ensure effective training is carried out to maintain operational efficiency.
- Controlling and allocating work, monitoring progress to ensure hourly/daily/shift workload/tasks are completed, keeping senior management fully informed of any operational issues.
- Continually monitoring individual performance, (performance, accuracy, attendance, attitude and behaviour) taking appropriate action to improve standards.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Can demonstrate previous line management experience within a Logistics/Distribution environment.
- Have a solid understanding of how the functions within a warehouse interact and influence customer service.
- Showcase strong inter-personal skills and ability to lead a team through effective motivation.
- Are competent with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc...)
- Have previous experience of grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Demonstrate good commercial acumen with the ability to understand basic budgets and cost controls and how their departmental performance influences them.
The company you will be working for if successful is a market leading retail giant who are keen on growth and development of their staff. Based out of their Staffordshire distribution centre you will a key member of their day shift and a great opportunity for a career driven warehouse team manager