Regional Head of Courier Services
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + exec package
Location North London
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 02 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A leading Parcels Logistics Services business is recruiting a Regional Head of Courier Services to join their network leadership team for the South East and South West Regions
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To achieve courier performance, H&S, quality, cost, budget, compliance and experience goals.
- To deliver a positive customer experience through a highly motivated and professional team.
- To lead and communicate effectively with the field team of over 300 managers, across 27 operational regions and 5 divisions in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Set targets, lead the team, communicate business priorities and be the voice of the field team within the business.
- Identify and develop talent by providing training, assigning projects and facilitating secondments and training.
- Assist the head of courier service in taking budgetary responsibility for courier pay and Field team costs, totalling complex legacy of payment rates. Monitor rate per hour by exception and set parameters for the team to conduct local pay negotiations with individual couriers.
- Develop the operating model to introduce competitive new products and services in an ever changing and fast paced environment.
- Understand and challenge performance standards across the network (particularly in 27 depots and 300+ sub-depots), for the benefit of Courier Service. Build strong relationships with operational colleagues and contribute to the weekly service calls and trading review meetings.
- To improve courier quality by driving forward compliance to agreed service levels, planning, costs, improvements and communication.
- To provide inspirational leadership to the field teams, ensuring all individuals and teams are engaged, motivated, and committed to operate as a high performance and fully accountable team.
The ideal candidate for Regional Head of Courier Services will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of operational processes and practices, particularly Courier operations.
- Full current driving licence.
- Operational management experience gained within a similar environment.
- Experience of cross functional working.
- Previous involvement in project work, preferably as the primary point of contact.
- Proven ability to build business knowledge and translate into working processes and procedures.
- Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment.
- Understanding of the Courier self-employed status
- Good communicator who is able to influence/ convince at all levels.
- Numerate self-starter.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home as required.