Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum + exec package
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 02 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A world leading logistics giant is recruiting a General Manager to lead their operation in the Gloucestershire area.
As the General Manager on site you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead site transformation and imbed a culture of engagement
- Lead both warehousing and transport operations for the contract
- To initially lead the transition/implementation for the transfer of a new purpose built warehousing facility.
- Support the Site Management Teams across the depot.
- To maximise the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the site(s) by providing leadership, focusing on customer requirements, effective operational performance, a motivated workforce, succession planning and "making the site a great place to work".
- Lead the depot agenda for Process Improvement, Gemba and DMAIC
- Legal compliance, achievement of H&S KPIs, liaison with Enforcement Agencies and Legal Practitioners, auditing sites to confirm legal compliance
- Participate and lead the coordination of process improvements, business continuity, CAPA's, path to quality initiatives and other corporate projects
- Management of customer relationships & KPI performance
- Develop/achieve agreed budget, revenue and profit
The ideal candidate for General Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in leading a successful warehousing and transport operation
- Experience in leading a successful start up or site transfer would be advantageous
- Experience in leading large management teams
- P&L and operational budget management experience
- Leadership of fast paced and high volume 3PL operation would advantageous
My client is amongst the world’s largest logistics services provider and is able to provide unprecedented career progression and growth on a global scale.