Warehouse First Line Manager
Salary £25,000 - £27,000 per annum
Location Ellesmere Port
Consultant Phil Ainscow
Date posted 27 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A market leading retail business with rapidly growing business plans are recruiting a Warehouse First Line Manager for their days operation in Cheshire.
Key Responsibilities of Warehouse First Line Manager:
- To oversee and supervise the team’s performance and work load, to ensure all targets are met in a safe and productive manner.
- Ensure that all metrics and measures are continually monitored to develop effective contingency planning, issue resolution and escalation management.
- Ensure that the teams are fully trained and performing in line with their job specification, compliant with company health and safety policy, including (but not limited to) manual handling and fire evacuating procedures.
- Identify and train deputies to cover for periods of absence.
- Control and monitor staff holidays to maximise shift efficiency.
- Daily reporting requirements and scheduling as necessary.
- Develop and maintain effective local working relationships within the framework of the company’s procedure agreements and associated policies.
- Audit compliance, infringements and returns are all dealt with in a time manner.
- Take responsibility for shift Health and Safety issues in conjunction with company Health and Safety guidelines.
- Previous people-management experience with an emphasis on support, motivation and being the main conduit for issue resolution within a warehousing environment.
- Problem solving and planning effective contingencies and solutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Well organised to prioritise your workload.
- Flexible, "can-do" attitude approach to work.
- Ability to communicate confidently at all level.
- Motivate and drive teams.
- Competent in the understanding of Management information and excel spread sheet.
- Proven relationship management and excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Analysing and mining productivity reports that assist with managing performance.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Warehouse First Line Manager position is for you. To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0161 240 7497 if you have any questions about the role.