Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Timothy Burrows
Date posted 08 January 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Bleckmann have over 150 years’ experience in supply chain management. They are a leading logistics business within the Fashion & Lifestyle market across Europe, the business offers specialised and integrated full supply chain services with an omni channel approach.
Highly successful, entrepreneurial business with ambitious plans to continue the rapid growth seen over the past few years, the company is looking for bright, professional Operations Managers to join the Senior Management team at its Distribution Centre in Swindon.
Up to 3 Operations Manager opportunities have arisen due to continued growth, the business seek professionals with experience within Inbound/ Outbound Logistics & Returns.
These are challenging but hugely rewarding roles for the right people; they offer the potential to make a significant impact and have significant influence on the future success of an already outstanding business.
As an operations manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Analysing the volume, nature, complexity and priority of orders to determine the most effective allocation of people and resources to optimise efficiency across the DC.
- Engage with and motivate the team to drive key KPI’s to ensure the operations provides excellent service to customers.
- Implement LEAN / C.I. initiatives across a logistics operation.
- Ability to implement new and improved working to support the strategy of the business to cope with future demand and also possess the hands-on people skills to meet short term needs.
- Lead, coach and develop teams to encourage succession planning and people development.
- Ensuring that health and safety is the highest priority at all times; leading through example, constantly reviewing current practices and implementing improvements that ensure all employees and visitors remain safe throughout all areas of the operation.
- Interpret key data and provide root cause analysis to improve process flows to enable corrective action to improve product flows and reduce waste, time across the supply chain.
- Supporting the General Manager in medium and longer-term plans for the Operation.
- Contributing to and taking responsibility for the management of budgets.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- A proven track record leading an operation delivering results and driving positive cultural change.
- An appreciation of the demands of working in an FMCG or retail environment.
- Able to work directly with customers and promote the company’s capability and brand.
- The ability to lead change with a positive and engaging approach with an enjoyment of identifying and developing talent.
- Gravitas and personal credibility to engage with key stakeholders internal and external.
- Motivated to achieve performance and results through energy and drive whilst demonstrating resilience and self-belief in the face of opposition.
- The ability to motivate and guide others to achieve set objectives by gaining commitment and providing direction and recognition.
- Working cross functionally and with networks to deliver common objectives.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, sharing information with confidence, enthusiasm and with an impact that promotes understanding.
- Able to operate effectively at an operational and strategic level and contribute to the future plans of the site.
- Commercially astute with experience and understanding of budgets.
- Strong health and safety awareness with the ability to create a positive health and safety culture.
Bleckmann is a fantastic business to work for; the business can offer fantastic progression opportunities both in the UK and Globally. The business is very experienced and remains very entrepreneurial with exciting growth plans for the future.
This is an excellent time to join and make a positive difference to a successful, secure and exciting business that is committed to continued investment in future growth.
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Tim Burrows at Robert Walters.
To be considered for this role apply now or for more information contact Tim Burrows on 0161 240 7489.