Transport Team Manager
Salary £28000 - £32000 per annum
Consultant Peter Nee
Date posted 21 November 2016
A leading UK supply chain company in Staffordshire is recruiting a Transport Team Manager to join their busy operation. As a Transport Team Manager at this Staffordshire facility you’ll be running an operational section of the business, overseeing the vast activity to ensure that the company is meeting the customers’ needs and pushing to exceed them at all times.
This position covers the night shift, working with a number of food suppliers as well as end retailers. Shifts operate on Monday to Friday covering any hours between 6pm-6am. You will be dedicated to ensuring the workforce is engaged, well managed and perform to the highest standards against their business set key performance indicators.
- Having a clear operational plan – always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Fleet management, maintenance and associated administration
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future
- Leading the way in terms of best practice regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise
- Ensuring that all members of the operational team have clear goals and objectives
- Alongside site HR, addressing issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, absences, etc.
- Communicating at all times – holding regular organised meetings, as well as ad-hoc catch ups, with your teams to help them understand their key priorities
- Assisting in the recruitment of new team members in line with the company values and behaviours.
- Evaluate the performance of both company permanent employees and agency staff and provide constructive and clear feedback to aid in personal & professional development
Your key skills:
- Excellent management style – encouraging, inspiring and enabling the team around you to be the very best they can be
- An innovative approach to leadership – being creative and implementing new ways to improve performance
- Driven individual with the ambition to develop your career with us
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions
- A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics
- Having a good understanding of computer and transport management systems
- Excellent relationship building skills
- A familiarity with working in a unionised environment
- CPC qualification desirable
- The desire to fully embrace being part of a wider team – happy to lend a hand to others where needed
- This is a 24/7 business operation, so you will need to be flexible with your working hours to meet operational need
Based in Staffordshire, this Transport Team Manager role is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Logistics companies in Europe.
Please apply now or contact Peter for further information.