Salary £28000 - £33000 per annum
Consultant Peter Nee
Date posted 27 October 2016
A Global Transport and Logistics business is recruiting a Transport Planner to join their busy operation in Birmingham. As a Transport Planner you will be based in the Birmingham Facility and will be responsible for the production of efficient dynamic plans for the UK integrated collection service in order to deliver cost effective plans on a daily basis without affecting service.
Working closely with both operations and customer teams you will help to improve data quality for network planning encompassing the UK logistics requirements.
- To generate daily plans for next day collection and delivery requirements
- Formulate project plans relating to the whole supply chain from proposed new customer implementation to operational reviews to maintain a cost effective network
- To conduct analysis and validation of customer derived data ensuring full sign off is agreed from all parties
- To improve the data quality with the customer to enhance the re-plan process
- To co-ordinate the strategic solution design activity across the UK planning activity meeting both the customer & business needs
- Ensure that the solutions are deliverable to achieve anticipated profitability
- To ensure solutions comply with the relevant legislation
Your key skills:
- Proven skills in modelling tools
- A good degree of computer literacy, with knowledge Ms Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking
- Ability to think conceptually and translate these ideas to the “real world”
- Good standard of data manipulation skills
- Technical aptitude in the use of a variety of supporting software tools
- Excellent communication skills (at all levels) – good listener and effective in communicating ideas
- Strong and effective organising, planning and process work methods
- Commercial awareness
- Good standard of project management skills
- Automotive experience
- Able to demonstrate previous examples of solution innovation
- Awareness of industry trends, benchmarks etc.
- Can demonstrate a high standard of commercial awareness and an understanding of key costs and cost drivers within the supply chain
This Transport Planner role is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative and every growing business that encourages progression within the company.
Please apply now or contact Peter for further information.