General Manager - Transport
Salary £75000 - £85000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Consultant Rob Garner CMILT
Date posted 15 September 2016
A growing and successful logistics provider within the UK Market who have a number of established distribution sites across the UK are looking to strengthen their senior transport management team with a General Manager - Transport to head up a sizeable operation in Essex.
The position will provide overall leadership for all aspects of the distribution operation plus the subsequent network whilst supporting the overall requirements of the site. Reporting into a Senior site member on site this role offers outstanding career progression for a senior transport professional keen to be a leader within their field.
Key Responsibilities of the General Manager - Transport
- Engage with customers to improve availability and service levels and build a more collaborative supply chain
- Engage with key internal & external stakeholders to drive process improvement and develop a "best in class" logistics solution
- The General Manager - Transport will train, coach & develop employees to up skill logistics teams and develop best practice methodology
- Deliver all key operational business objectives, through the successful management and development of your leadership team and process improvement measures
- Exercising financial control and budgetary responsibility, driving and maximising profits
- Deliver a robust health & safety operation, engaging staff on safe working methods and colleague welfare
- Establishing a positive working culture
- Manage and drive SLA’s to ensure they are exceeded
- Ensuring site compliance with all relevant employment / transport legislation
- Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of driver engagement
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, with a proven track record delivering results, leading a fast paced warehousing and distribution function
- Track record implementing and leading continuous improvement and LEAN programmes
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage with stakeholders with the ability to drive positive change
- Must have National CPC (essential) or International CPC (desirable)
- Significant experience in a senior manager transport/warehouse operations background with the skills to oversee a significant operation
- Sets clear, ambitious and feasible targets for oneself and for the team
- Lean management – continuous improvement
- Excellent man management and leadership skills
If you are driven and determined and want to take your next step in your career, this is the role for you. This is fast paced retailer that provide you with an excellent opportunity to work alongside senior stakeholders for a dedicated and ambitious General Manager - Transport looking to excel in their career.
Apply today or call me on 0161 240 7462 to find out more about this great opportunity.