Salary £30000 - £35000 per annum
Location Stoke on Trent
Consultant Timothy Burrows
Date posted 08 September 2016
A leading third party logistics company is now looking for a Shift Manager to join their very fast paced and rapidly growing site in Staffordshire.
Key Responsibilities of Shift Manager:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be part of a team of Shift Managers covering all three shifts
- Initial involvement in ensuring all working procedures are clearly defined and cascaded, with regular reviews to ensure effectiveness
- Must be proactive in seeking improvements in process/methods of operating and also in the introduction of best practice within the site
- Responsible for the day to day management, initial and ongoing development and motivation of a team of Warehouse Supervisors and their teams, ensuring that they consistently meet productivity and quality objectives
- Responsible for the consistent achievement of Key Performance Indicators and delivering a high level of on time, on cost customer service
- Must work within legislative requirements, taking account of health & safety at all times
- Responsible for ensuring excellent working relationships with the Customer representatives and at all times being aware of their business needs and objectives
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant Management experience in a high volume service driven operation.
- Will have excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate in an open and honest manner with the team
- Must be able to demonstrate the commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility to work various shift patterns which are able to respond to seasonal customer demand
- Experience of a start up operation would be a distinct advantage
- Will have a proven track record in the management of people in a multi cultural environment
- The ideal candidate should have working knowledge of the interaction between their own department and other key functions such as Stock and Systems, HR and Finance
To be considered for this Shift Manager position please apply below, or for more information please contact Tim Burrows at Robert Walters on 01612407489 or email email@example.com.