Trade Compliance Manager
Salary car allowance
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-12 2019-09-10 trade-and-services Cambridge Cambridgeshire GB CB23 8TU GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Domino Printing https://www.domino-printing.com/en-gb/home.aspx https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/Domino-printing-services.jpg
Robert Walters are working with Domino Printing to recruit a Trade Compliance Manager to be based out of their site in Cambridge (with the potential option of some remote working).
Domino Printing (part of Brother Industries) is a market leading in digital printing and traceability solutions and their products are found across a range of different sectors including food, life sciences, packaging and building and construction.
About the role:
As Trade Compliance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring worldwide compliance with international trade regulations. Managing a team of 2, the department will work to optimise and support the working capital around the Group to provide customers with a world class level of service, through network design optimisation and duty optimisation.
- Management of export controls and embargoed screening, ensuring all records are up to date and maintained and that Domino is compliant with Trade regulations.
- Analyse and interpret export and import regulations, keep ahead of changes in policy and process and communicate across the business
- Work proactively with departments to prevent trade disruptions, providing support and expertise across the globe to ensure best practice, compliance and business efficiency.
- Build good working relationships with HRMC, chamber of commerce, DIT and other external regulatory bodies
- Lead on the “Trade Tool” project, including analysis and review of best business solution system, project plan and system implementation and delivery
- Create and manage an internal Trade Compliance Audit schedule, focused on best practice and process, continuous improvement & external audit readiness, Inc. management of HMRC audits
- Understand and support commercial and operational strategies by providing best practice and process on the import and export of products globally, including managing the need for export and import licenses
About the person:
- Ideally degree qualified or overseas equivalent
- Broad Logistics Background and understanding in managing 3 / 4 Pl’s
- Strong export controls and dual use classification knowledge
- Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license; including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data
- Qualification in customs matters as recognised by HMR&C
- Strong focus on CI practice and methodology and its practice and methodology, and its application within a Business Administration setting (6 Sigma advantageous)
- Proven ability to influence and challenge across all levels of business
If you are interested in the role please send your CV to Susannah.email@example.com or call 0161 214 7438 if you have any questions around the role. All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters.