Material Controller - SAP
Salary £25,000 - £35,000 per annum + Excellent
Location Greater ManchesterCONTRACTOR
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-12 2019-07-05 manufacturing-and-production Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 25000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading manufacturing organisation is looking for a Material Controller to join their team for a great opportunity. This is an initial 6 month contract with the potential to be extended further. This role sits within the supply chain function and requires someone with strong analytical capability with excellent stakeholder engagement skills. SAP experience is essential.
About the role:
- Receive & input customer orders via email, files & issue related order acknowledgment with all relevant information customer may need (e.g. product availability, eventual delivery time, material status)
- Be the primary escalation point for customer deliveries/logistics issues
- Contact customer in case request is not clear/ complete to gather additional information. Coordinate & check with sales & pricing team in case of specific conditions & with finance (cash collection team) in case of credit limit hold
- Liaise with the different Supply Chain entities: Plant, Finished Goods Planning team, warehousing and participate in Tier meeting of the Plant (daily/weekly).
- Provide forecast (Short term) for the 2 OES customers to SIOP lead, liaising with sales
- Provide metrics related to shipment performance on a weekly /monthly basis
- Inform supply department of any ‘special’ order & negotiate, request delivery time when needed
- Coordinate shipment process
- Create collective delivery & give relevant information / instructions to the warehouse for order preparation in full compliance with internal policy & applicable legislation & customer agreed specifications
- Once orders are ready for shipment, coordinate shipment organization with local warehouse teams & inform customers accordingly.
- Backorder management: Proactive follow up on backlog, getting delivery times, updating material status, negotiating shipments with customers to ensure order book accuracy, Inform customer accordingly
- Claims and Returns Management & follow up – Coordinate internally & with customers claims management to ensure correct & efficient handling of claims
- Ensure follow up on activity with sales
About the person:
Must have strong analytical capability with a customer centric mindset
- Previous experience working within a customer service role within a manufacturing organisation
- Excellent computer skills
- SAP experience would be desirable
- Available for an imminent start
To apply for the role please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0161 214 7438 if you have any questions around the role.