Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + Excellent
Location Greater ManchesterFULL_TIME
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-05 2019-08-04 engineering Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global blue chip manufacturing organisation based in Greater Manchester are looking for a Materials Manager to join their team for an excellent opportunity. As Materials Manager you will oversee the expediting and scheduling teams to drive OTIF from suppliers, implement measures and controls to maintain optimum inventory levels and oversee a number of projects to drive supply chain excellence across the site.
About the role:
- Ensure OTIF schedule adherence working closely with logistics, 3rd party providers and planners to ensure smooth materials flow and optimised warehouse utilisation.
- Foster close relationships with central purchasing to improve supplier performance and monitor conformance to SLAs.
- Proactively meet or exceed business targets around stock turns, inventory holding values, on time material management to ensure interrupted supply to production and customers.
- Ensure recovery plans are in place should there be instances of supplier failures.
- Visit suppliers where necessary.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement across the team.
About the person:
- Ideally degree qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Previous track record in leading a materials function with great success.
- SAP experience would be desirable.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to implement and deliver change.
To apply for the role please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0161 214 7438 if you have any questions around the role.