Salary £26,000 - £28,000 per annum + 10% shift allowance
Consultant Craig Wiggins
Date posted 29 April 20192019-04-29 2019-06-28 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain UK Robert Walters
A blue chip logistics business are currently recruiting an import coordinator to join their ever expanding team in Middlesex. Paying up to £28k with 10% shift allowance
A blue chip logistics business are currently recruiting an import coordinator to join their ever expanding team in Middlesex. Paying up to £28k with 10% shift allowance.
Key responsibilities of Import Coordinator:
- Adhere to Customs Compliance procedures and documentation
- Adhere to the Duty & VAT payment policy
- Booking in of shipments
- Create Customs Entry iterations using the GSC online tool.
- Create delivery notes for Import Operations-controlled accounts
- Ensure the Job File is fully and accurately completed reflecting all commercially relevant information and services provided
- Liaise directly with Carriers and Handling Agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Liaise directly with branches on shipment planning and coordination
- Liaise directly with Transport & Warehouse teams on shipment planning and coordination
- Maintain mandatory milestones and remarks
- Manage allocated customers against agreed SOP
- Manage Customs Entry exceptions with the Customer Services team
- Manage shipments owned by Import Operations
- Manage the timely movement of shipment documentation to London Customer Services
- Review and Transmit Customs Entry records
- Support the measurement of Key Performance Indicators
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience of HMRC procedures essential.
- Experience in / Knowledge of transport planning
- Commercial awareness essential.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken) essential
- Ability to follow processes essential
- Ability to support a culture of continuous improvement
- Inter-personal skills - Influencing, communication, relationship management, cultural awareness and ability to work across teams
- Knowledge of Freight Forwarding industry: imports, exports and related processes
- Two or more years’ experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- Flexible to work different shift patterns