Supply Chain Manager
Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum + + Car + excellent other benefits
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 05 April 20192019-04-05 2019-06-04 manufacturing-and-production Merseyside Merseyside GB GBP 60000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A global chemicals business based in Merseyside are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team. As Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical improvement of the supply chain with full responsibility for all logistics, planning & scheduling, shipping teams across the site. You will develop and implement the S&OP process and empower a team to develop a best in class supply chain function.
About the role:
- Manage and coordinate the sales and demand planning process with forecasts of sales demand on a rolling 18 month basis.
- Develop and coordinate stock holding policies and the coordination of efforts to reduce slow moving stock to meet the business's working capital targets.
- Utilise the demand plan and historical sales to develop safety stock levels.
- Determining and delivering against robust KPIs and targets across all areas of line and process responsibility.
- Engage with key stakeholders internally to ensure capacity plans are aligned with customer demand plans and use optimal resource to deliver.
- Developing the supply chain team to be agile and flexible in order to ensure cover across roles with depth of knowledge and experience.
- Coordination and communication across the Supply Chain on site and to warehousing across Europe
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement to establish supply chain best practice across the business.
About the person:
- Ideally degree qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Experience in design and implementation of Supply Chain systems, including distribution, planning, financials, scheduling and forecasting.
- Experience working as part of a global supply chain.
- Exports experience.
- LEAN/ Six Sigma background would be preferable.
- Proven track record in the ability to implement and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
To apply for the role please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0161 214 7438 quoting the reference 50349633 if you have any questions around the role.