Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum + Excellent
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 14 January 2019 2019-01-142019-03-11 fmcg Lancashire Lancashire GB GBP 25000 30000 30000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading FMCG business based in Lancashire are looking to recruit a Demand Planner to join their team for an excellent opportunity. As Demand Planner you will be responsible for all sales forecasting for your given account, ensuring on shelf availability whilst maintaining optimum inventory levels and minimise waste. This is a customer interfacing role and so requires someone with a strong customer centric mindset and exceptional stakeholder engagement skills.
About the role:
- Develop and maintain a robust up to date rolling short to long-term forecast for supplied lines into the customer. This will provide internal teams with information for supply and capacity planning, driving material requirements and logistical planning.
- Manage the customer’s supply chain parameters by using collaborative planning systems to retrieve, analyse and present meaningful data to both the business and the retail customer.
- End to end management of all customer own label SKUs supplied by the business.
- Develop and maintain an evidence base to support and aid the decision making process for both base and promotional forecasts, collaboratively agreeing volumes and timings with both the account manager and customer trading teams.
- Conducting post promotional reviews including forecast accuracy analysis and liaising with all parties to deliver improvement.
- Maintain, update and distribute all pre-agreed reports to the business.
- Develop and maintain strong, deep lying collaborative partnerships with our key customers and commercial teams to enable continued performance improvement across the wider teams.
- Liaise with internal teams to optimise operational capability and service levels on supplied products to the key customer.
- Actively participate in development of continuous improvement initiatives between the business and the key customer.
About the person:
- Ideally degree qualified or overseas equivalent/
- Strong supply chain background, ideally from within FMCG in a forecasting/ demand planning role with customer interfacing experience.
- Strong commercial acumen and a customer centric mindset.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
To apply for the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 214 7438 if you have any questions around the role.