Head of Demand Planning and Customer Logistics
Consultant Neil Morgan
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-302018-09-21 manufacturing-and-production UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
PZ Cussons has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Head of Demand Planning and Customer Logistics in their Head Office: Aviator Way, Manchester.
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world's best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, they operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Their world-class supply chain and distribution networks enables them to meet the global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives. Their brands range from Imperial Leather to Cussons Baby, Original Source, Morning Fresh to St.Tropez.
Main Purpose of the role:
The Head of Demand Planning and Customer Logistics is a critical role for the business and you will have complete accountability for leading the development, delivery and continuous improvement of the demand forecast and outbound customer logistics, thereby supporting PZ Cussons requirement to meet and exceed UK customer expectations and business performance targets.
You will lead the commercial planning function consisting with ownership for Demand Planning, Customer Logistics and 3PL responsibility as well as a lead role within the S&OP process. As part of the UK leadership team you will work alongside other functional leaders ensuring through your individual functional expertise as well as your overall business leadership the UK business outperforms internal and external benchmarks.
- As part of the UKLT (UK Leadership Team) deliver against business unit sales and profit targets; represent & contribute specific functional expertise on behalf of the demand and logistics function and in addition, contribute beyond your specific functional expertise to ensure we create an environment that’s enables the continued success within the UK business
- Develop and implement a winning demand/logistics strategy and tactics to deliver maximum value creation- meeting & exceeding internal & external KPIs
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership to a demand and logistics team (primarily) and focus on developing talent and capability within the function
- Lead and drive continuous improvement into the key demand/sales forecast meetings to ensure the best development of a robust and aligned demand forecast using all appropriate data inputs, one-team mind-set, enabling high performing team behaviours
- Total ownership for measuring the effectiveness of the demand & logistics function through a set of KPIs. Combine with a mind-set to drive continuous improvement & value into the business; bias, forecast accuracy, customer service level & 3PLs
- Own delivery against our outbound customer service targets of 99.8% service level. Manage exemplary proactive communication of any short-term supply constraints to ensure our service levels are maximised and customer partners remain engaged
- Establish and build strong and influential relationships; internally with key stakeholders across commercial, supply planning, finance and marketing. In addition, drive a strong external customer collaboration agenda to drive business improvement and success with our key customers as measured by key KPIs
- Ensure the “CAN DO” values and spirit are maintained which the business prides itself on: Courage, Accountability, Networking, Drive and Oneness
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven success within a senior supply chain leadership capacity with a strong understanding of Demand planning AND/OR customer logistics role within an FMCG environment
- Proven track record taking accountability and delivering results within a challenging and demanding environment within a senior leadership capacity
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, coach and develop teams in a positive manner to achieve results
- Strong commercial acumen with good examples of engaging with key external partners including major retailers to drive supply chain performance
- Establish and build strong and influential relationships; internally with key stakeholders across commercial, supply planning, finance and marketing
- Analytical and strategic mind set to support the business with key business decisions
- You will be tenacious, enthusiastic and possess a sense of urgency and show examples of innovation and creativity with a “CAN DO” attitude
- Ideally have an understanding of SAP
This is an excellent opportunity within a dynamic, progressive and innovative business and this role offers excellent career opportunities.
To apply for this role please email email@example.com. All third-party applicants will be forwarded to Robert Walters.