Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 27 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A leading FMCG organisaion based in Greater Manchester are looking to recruit a Supply Planner to join their team.
About the role:
- Accountable for developing and maintaining a valid supply network plan for assigned UK manufacturing sites
- Develop what-if supply scenarios and develop recommendations in response to actual or anticipated changes in demand or supply
- Actively participate and support New Product introduction to ensure that supply network plans are optimally created and that supply plans are executed in support of the established timelines
- Effectively manage and optimise the daily flow of stock end to end, acting as the intrinsic link between site/depot operations and Central Planning
- Full involvement in daily product flow management at site level. Assessing balance requirements and timing by liaising with site despatch and production teams.
- Becoming the key communication link between site functions and Central Planning- attending meetings as required.
- Ensure any risks are quickly identified with mitigation plans in place, ensuring these are clearly communicated and agreed.
- Facilitate the setup of efficient production plans to deliver optimum stock levels.
- Monitoring adherence to plans and schedules.
- Support Central Schedulers in developing a standard way of working.
- Champion Cross functional working, improving and expanding on relationships.
- Take the lead at site level for CI.
About the person:
- Ideally degree qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Significant experience in planning long term planning horizon within a supply chain function
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to bring together inputs from multiple operational departments
- Ability to influence others, and potential to lead a small team in the future
- Ability to crystallise complex planning situations into clear messages
- Ability to present data clearly and to generate actions and decisions from data-driven discussions
- This role requires some weekend work
To apply for the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 214 7438 quoting the reference 50207043 if you have any questions around the role.