Salary £27,500 - £28,000 per annum
Consultant Craig Wiggins
Date posted 02 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A market leading parcel business is recruiting a warehouse supervisor for their nights operation in Avonmouth. Paying up to £28k, an annual bonus of up to £1500 and an amazing benefits package.
A market leading parcel business is recruiting a warehouse supervisor for their nights operation in Avonmouth.
Key Responsibilities of Warehouse Supervisor
- To oversee and supervise the team’s performance and work load to ensure that targets are met in a safe and productive manner
Ensure that all metrics and measures are continuingly monitored in order to develop effective contingency planning, issue resolution and escalation management.
- Ensure that the teams are fully trained and performing in line with their job specification, compliant with company health and safety policy, including (but not limited to) manual handling and fire evacuating procedures.
- Identify and train deputies to cover for periods of absence.
- Control and monitor staff holidays to maximise shift efficiency.
- Daily reporting requirements and scheduling as necessary.
- Develop and maintain effective local working relationships within the framework of the company’s procedure agreements and associated policies.
- Audit compliance, infringements and returns are all dealt with in a time manner.
- Take responsibility for shift Health and Safety issues in conjunction with company Health and Safety guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous people-management experience with a particular emphasis on support, motivation and being the main conduit for issue resolution within a warehousing environment.
- Problem solving and planning effective contingencies and solutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative well organised to prioritise your workload.
- Flexible, can do attitude approach to work.
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
- Motivating and driving teams.
- Competent in the understanding of Management information and excel spread sheet.
- Proven relationship management and excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Analysing and mining productivity reports that assist with managing performance.
The business you will be working for is a market leading parcels specialist who are going through a period of substantial growth. An amazing opportunity for a career driven warehouse supervisor in the Avonmouth area.