Salary £45000 - £53000 per annum
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 01 February 2017
A rapidly growing FMCG organisation based in Glossop are looking for a Merchandise Manager to join their team for an exceptional opportunity. As Merchandise Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of stock control, supplier management, ordering and replenishment working with high volume SKUs and overseeing a large team.
About the role:
- Managing the major aspects of the supply chain critical path including merchandise, stock control, QC and our remote offshore offices.
- Proposing and delivering against sales, & stock targets.
- Forecasting sales at category/line level.
- Planning discount & markdown activity to ensure optimum sell through.
- Working with buying teams to support and facilitate new product development whilst maintaining range planning techniques (to control width, depth, structure of range)
- Supporting the team to help prioritise work load to ensure goals are achieved.
- Managing the teams to ensure the right stock is in the right place, at the right time.
- Availability analysis & forecasting: Create and track forecasts for new lines, whilst monitoring stock levels and ensuring availability for customers.
- Produce and analyse reports: to maintain economic stock levels according to the business objectives.
- Working with the management team to set up open to buy control – ensuring stock purchase is in line with sales projection.
- Supplier management: working with the buyers to ensure suppliers are consistently meeting expectations and growing with us.
- Travel to India on a quarterly basis to work with their Indian Office.
- Working cross departmental particularly with the buying & operations, finance and sales, advising details of future plans and requirements.
About the person:
- Experience overseeing a merchandising team.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to influence and engage with key stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled Merchandise Manager to join a rapidly growing FMCG orgnisation who are the current UK market leaders within their field. To apply for the Merchandise Manager role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 214 7438 quoting the reference 2567830.