Senior General Manager
Salary £70000 - £80000 per annum + Exec car/allowance + exec bonus
Location West Midlands
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 11 November 2016
An opportunity for an experienced General Manager to join one of the UK’s leading logistics' giants based in the West Midlands who are currently undergoing an exciting period of change and transformation.
- Responsible for the effective management of all functions, including warehouse, transport, health and safety and facilities, HR and Finance.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ongoing operation consistently exceeds the customer’s requirements in terms of service, budgeted financial goals, KPIs and operational standards.
- Provide leadership, motivation and career development to the site management team
- Proactive in driving a continuous improvement culture; seeking out and driving improvement initiatives to ensure growth is managed successfully
- Maintain challenging targets.
- Develop productive and effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Be proactive in seeking out initiatives that ensure the contract supports the customer’s business plan and supply chain strategy
- Ability to operating in an environment where decisions and performance are under close scrutiny at regular formal customer reviews
- Responsible for ensuring the management team drives and embeds focus on ensuring high levels of employee engagement and developing the businesses’ excellent reputation
Knowledge, Experience & Requirements:
- Must possess demonstrate senior management experience at General Management level within a high volume warehouse and transport operation
- Experience working within a significant site start up is preferred
- Must have managed a minimum headcount of 500+
- Experience of project managing and leading a start up operation would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills
- Able to build rapport, develop relationships with customers both internally and externally
- You must be able to demonstrate a clear commercial understanding and have the ability to provide budgetary and financial controls
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives using lean processes.
This is an opportunity with a top-tier organisation who continue to rapidly grow and expand offering genuine scope and progression. As the General Manager you will be rewarded with an excellent package and benefits to include a company car, bonus and much more.
Apply today or contact Abdul Walid on 0121 260 2561 or email@example.com