Salary £30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent
Consultant Susannah Warrington
Date posted 25 October 2016
A leading engineering organisation based in the Lancashire area are looking for a Materials Planner to join their team for an excellent opportunity. As Materials Planner you will be responsible for managing all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories costs, planning, scheduling, to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time.
- Develop, implement and manage integrated planning process that incorporates inventory controls, material and associated cost elements
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting and material control
- Establishes and supervises production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, and reviewing factors that affect schedules
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, and operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues
- Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyse variances and initiate corrective actions
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience working with composite materials
- Must come from a materials planning/ scheduling background and some production planning experience would be advantageous
- Experience working in engineering/ aerospace/ automotive environments would be advantageous
- MRP experience
- Able to obtain security clearance
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Materials Planner to join a leading engineering organisation with excellent routes for progression.
To apply for the Materials Planner role please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0161 214 7438 quoting the reference 2504170 for further details.