Salary £40000 - £45000 per annum + car allowance
Consultant Laura Woodhead
Date posted 13 September 2016
A global logistics giant is recruiting an Operations Manager to join their leadership team at one of their major sites in Peterborough.
As Operations Manager you will be leading a 1 million square feet warehouse with a workforce of circa 600 colleagues within a busy and fast paced fulfilment operation.
You will have some of the following responsibilities:
- Analyse health and safety related risks and take action to reduce and eliminate these risks
- Maintain processes and required statutory qualifications to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and local legal obligation
- Ensure security measures are in place to protect the operation, including the safety of personnel and the operation
- Ensure work instructions and standard operating procedures for the operation are in place and are followed
- Act as the first point of contact for the customer relating to site operation matters building a good relationship to develop trust and ensure strong engagement
- Responsible for the overall annual performance of the operation, including achievement of agreed customer KPIs, delivering operation budget and other internal KPIs
- Establishes clear operational objectives and a lean and efficient organisational structure with a regular focus on operation profitability and direct labour spend
- Drive a continuous annual site improvement programme with key milestones to be assessed each quarter to support customer retention and loyalty
- Conducts regular review sessions on site performance and profitability
- Ensure direct reports appraise team members and approve the performance ratings of the reviews, ensuring overall consistency across the site
For Operations Manager, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of managing large scale warehousing operations.
- Prior experience of budgetary responsibility and setting is imperative
- Setting and managing KPI’s and SLA’s
- Knowledge and understanding of HR processes
- Experience of working within a global scale operation
This is an opportunity with a major employer of choice within one of their flagship operations in Peterborough.
Apply today or contact Abdul Walid on 0121 260 2561 or firstname.lastname@example.org