Supply Chain Analyst
Salary £30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 05 September 2016
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright graduate with strong academics in the first few years of their supply chain career to join the fast-growing Supply Chain function of the Worlds leading tobacco and E-Cigarette company based in Hammersmith, London. You will be responsible for coordinating logistics and distribution activities and will own operational relationships with Logistics / Distribution Providers, managing their financial and operational performance.
About the Supply Chain Analyst role
You will be highly motivated, committed to deliver results with high precision and accuracy, and value teamwork. You have good commercial acumen and are likely seen as entrepreneurial by your colleagues.
You are good at prioritising your work and solving problems in challenging situations. You are keen to learn new skills and appreciate the benefits of working in a small, multi-functional team.
You have an excellent academic background and have past experience delivering results in a consumer goods / retail supply chain function, or for a third party logistics provider.
You are diplomatic and have outstanding oral and written communication skills. You have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular analysing and manipulating data in Excel. You experience with the Sales and Distribution module of SAP and/ or may have skills with WMS / TMS applications.
The Supply Chain Analyst opportunity
- Develop, manage and maintain operational relationships with service providers in the logistics category
- Support the development and implementation of financial and operational reports and Key Performance Indicators based on our logistics contracts
- Report service providers’ performance against financial and operational targets and budgets
- Inform internal stakeholders about service providers’ performance and highlight issues
- Help develop and implement possible resolutions working with the wider PML supply chain team and external service providers
- Design, implement and operate reports / reporting system enhancements to provide analytical insight into service providers’ activities
- Cooperate with other functions to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided
- Manage and maintain up to date supply chain customer data, such as ship to information, transport network days of service, route determination and lead times
- Handle stock control and inventory management while working with supply chain planning to ensure the service providers have the right amount of stock of both products and consumables
- Review and help maintain factory production and shipping plans to facilitate on-time arrival of shipments
- Be the first point of contact for exceptional events in the supply chain and maintain statistics on exception events and share learnings from events to reduce the cost, frequency and impact of events where feasible
- Support supply chain management in resolving the situation to protect consumers, minimise the impact on the market and protect the company's image and brand equity
- Coordinate any associated customer complaint activities, maintaining the complaint database and reporting, ensuring issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Ensure affiliate practices and compliance requirements are adhered to
- Manage iTrack product tracking system
- Participate in supply chain and cross functional projects and undertake ad-hoc work as required to support the business
- Support the Supply Chain and wider Finance team in preparation of presentations, analysis, KPI tracking & explanations/comments
About the company
The company is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands including the number 1 and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition, the company is the market leader in the development and commercialisation of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”) or E-Cigarettes/ Vaping.
You will benefit from working in a highly skilled team, operating in a dynamic and challenging commercial environment. The company provides the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people with varied backgrounds. You will be part of a professional environment with excellent opportunities for career development locally and then internationally. You will have the opportunity to develop along a defined career path with support in your professional development. All these factors contribute to the company proudly owning some of the best employee retention rates in FMCG anywhere in the in the World.
If you're interested in taking the next step in your Supply Chain career APPLY NOW to this Supply Chain Analyst role or contact me for more information about this exciting and challenging role