Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Dylan Chattha
Date posted 07 August 20192019-08-07 2019-10-06 building-and-construction Nottinghamshire Nottinghamshire GB GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Senior Buyer will form an integral part of the Purchasing function with strategic and operational objectives. With a strong, solid background in Purchasing and Procurement functions, the incumbent will be expected to take a hands on, proactive approach, liaising with design to ensure specific product specifications and drawings are obtained in line with supplier lead times and programme schedules. The role will have clear project focus, supporting the purchasing function at a strategic and operational level.
- Managing and controlling suppliers and the delivery of materials to satisfy production programmes.
- Detailed scheduling (and quantifying) of materials from internal design drawings.
- Ensure materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered in line with the production programme.
- Support the establishment of strategic relationships with key suppliers and work to realise value engineering and CI opportunities.
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments e.g. Design, Production, etc.
- Expedite orders and maintain ERP data, static and dynamic.
- Pursue a policy of continuous improvement and strive to drive down external spend.