Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Phil Ainscow
Date posted 01 May 20192019-05-01 2019-06-30 purchasing-and-procurement Frodsham Cheshire GB GBP 30000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A global manufacturing business are currently recruiting for a driven and enthusiastic buyer to join their team. Individuals with experience in buying, raw materials, manufacturing or chemicals would be comfortable in this role.
Main Purpose of the role:
- The buyer will manage a portfolio of raw material chemical commodities and create and a strategy which supports the business needs on cost, quality, on-time delivery and new product to market.
- Managing and developing the supply base to support operational needs, taking in to account price, quality, and delivery ensuring continuity of supply
- It will be the buyers responsibility to ensure any issues or concerns within the supply base, in particular which may prevent the business meeting customer commitments, are acted upon immediately resolved as quickly as possible and prevented from future recurrence.
Skills/Experience required for the buyer will include:
- Significant experience in a similar role in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record for delivering results.
- Degree level education or equivalent (desire to educate to MCIPS)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and multi-task.
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- Flexible, pragmatic, independent and deadline focused.
- An experienced and effective negotiator.
If you are interested in the role please apply below or send your CV to email@example.com