Interim API & Excipients Category Buyer/Manager
Consultant Hannah McDonnell
Date posted 02 September 20192019-09-02 2019-10-02 pharmaceuticals Cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 250 650 650 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Currently recruiting for an Interim API & Excipient Category Buyer/Manager for a global pharmaceutical organisation.
This position is to cover during a permanent recruitment process & whilst the business undergoes a procurement transformation. The position can be based in either Cheshire or Yorkshire.
The Interim API & Excipient Category Buyer/Manager is responsible for the global strategic & tactical sourcing of APIs & Excipients to support the organisation, drive continuous improvement, achieve cost reduction & ensure security of supply.
- Lead global sourcing strategy to understand & design business requirements
- Build procurement best practice
- Set strategy & implement category plan for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients & Excipients
- Drive continuous improvement of processes
- Work across multiple teams including Manufacturing, Product Development, Regulatory & Global Supply Site teams
- Undertake market research
- Developing relationships with suppliers
- Responsible for leading RFIs, RFQs, Supplier Evaluations, Due Diligence, Negotiation, Contracting & Supplier Relationship Management
- Working within a pharmaceutical environment
- Covered API & pharmaceutical excipients sourcing
- Strong supplier & stakeholder relationships management skills
- Demonstrable experience in contract negotiations
- Global procurement experience, ideally from Asia
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Strong ERP systems knowledge
- Available at 1 week notice or less
- Worked within a procurement transformation environment
- Multi-site experience
If you are interested in the above position then please click to apply. If you have any further questions please contact Hannah directly. Day rate is negotiable and will be discussed upon application.