Indirect Buyer - Part Time (22.5hrs)
Salary Up to £30,000 per annum + Pro Rata
Consultant Phil Ainscow
Date posted 01 July 20192019-07-01 2019-08-30 purchasing-and-procurement Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 30000 30000 30000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a large business based in Manchester city centre on a part time position. The role stipulates a 22.5hr permanent contract with flexibility around when the post holder wants to work during the week, offering a £30k pro rata salary.
- Continual management of all supplier contracts, renegotiating rates and reducing overall spend where possible
- Liaise with key stake holders across the business, understanding and facilitating their business needs to improve performance
- Source new suppliers, agree rates and develop contracts for directorial sign off
- Work with suppliers to negate any supply issues, ensuring smooth operational performance
- Continually improve all procurement procedures and policies
- Attend regular budgetary meetings with other department leads
- Strong procurement knowledge with experience of managing contractors
- Keen eye for developing cost saving protocols
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to manage key stake holders
- Knowledge of drafting contracts
This role is a 22.5hr part time position offering a £30k pro rata salary. The business takes a very flexible view on the working hours and the individual will be allowed to take the 22.5hrs at any point during the working week.