Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Phil Ainscow
Date posted 08 May 20192019-05-08 2019-07-07 retail Merseyside Merseyside GB GBP 25000 30000 30000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
An exceptional retail business are currently recruiting for a Procusement Specialist to join their business based in Merseyside. The post holder will be given a vast amount of training and exposure to a fast paced procurement team who controls a £500m budget across the business.
- Delivery of saving targets using procurement best practice across spends categories assigned.
- Develop and deliver a portfolio of savings and value adding projects that will reduce the total acquisition cost of spend as measured and documented through the savings process
- Drive local procurement initiatives through implementation of Global Sourcing Strategies and local RFQ's in conjunction with key business partners
- Identify, develop and deliver initiatives by working with internal customers as Lead Business Partner
- Ensure compliance with Procurement Policy
- Support category managers as appropriate
- Analyse data and report findings to senior stake holders, advising and developing strategies on findings
- Negotiate prices, terms and conditions with suppliers and draft up contracts
- Ability to develop relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Able to engage with senior leaders
- 1-3 years procurement experience
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Tenacious and works with integrity and can be relied on to achieve savings within deadlines agreed
- Able to support other procurement areas as required.
- Rigorous approach to data
- Ideally studying CIPS
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or send your CV to Phil Ainscow at