Salary £28,000 - £36,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Stevens
Date posted 18 December 2018 2018-12-18automotive UK Robert Walters
The Purchasing Engineer will be responsible for defined purchasing activities throughout the company and for exploring alternative purchasing opportunities and solutions.
- Ability to create good business relationships.
- Ability to balance supplier relationship management while still remaining results driven.
- To remain cost focussed.
- Excellent negotiation skills / of a persuasive nature.
- Analytical and data driven.
- Manage new projects within the defined timescales and targets.
- Estimate purchasing costs and collect indicative costing information from suppliers, to support new business enquiries.
- Search, assess, visit and build relationship and cooperation with new suppliers
- Prepare and issue RFQ, letter of intent, tooling order, purchase order and commitment to cost reduction activity.
- Identify areas of non-compliance between quotations and drawings / specifications.
- Organise and control prototypes/materials trials and performance with suppliers.
- Define a purchasing strategy, monitor supplier performances and report against progress to achieve cost/quality/delivery targets.
- Manage supplier database and liaise with EPC’s in resolving issues with underperforming existing suppliers.
- Continuous development of the existing supplier to achieve higher level of performances (technology, cost, quality, delivery, communication, business culture)
- Negotiate and agree General Purchasing Agreements (GPA’s) and Price Agreement (contract), including price update on system, with all suppliers on the approved supplier list.
- Negotiate and agree Annual Price Reduction (APR) with all suppliers.
- To monitor and analyse market trends in commodity material costs.