Head of Procurement
Salary Attractive salary + benefits package
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 04 January 2019 2019-01-042019-02-09 manufacturing-and-production UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Accrol Group has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Head of Procurement to lead the organisation’s procurement team from its headquarters in Blackburn.
Accrol Papers Limited is a major player in the UK paper tissue market supplying facial and toilet tissues to major UK retailers. It occupies a number of sites in the north west of England and has its headquarters in Blackburn, Lancashire.
Due to a recent change of ownership and to harness its growth ambitions the company has decided to build a new and expanded Procurement department.
The company offers the following benefits: attractive salary, pension, healthcare, life assurance, and bonus.
About the Head of Procurement role
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role is to lead the Accrol Procurement team into being a world class operation.
- Help recruit, lead and develop a small team of Category Managers, Supplier Performance Managers and one Procurement Administrator
- Develop and implement the Accrol Procurement Transformation Programme to ensure world class processes are in place and are effective
- Deliver significant ongoing business benefits from the approximately £100m annual expenditure
Ideal skills and experience
- At least 10 years in front line category management roles in major organisations responsible for multi million pound categories ideally across both Direct and Indirect areas
- A record of strong benefit delivery
- Skilled at running, motivating and developing a team of professional procurement people.
- Able to act as the spokesperson for the team at senior levels both within and outside the company and act as the senior internal escalation point for supplier related issues
- Able to monitor and report on progress on behalf of the team and course correct as business needs change
- Process champion for the Category Management Process
Ideal educational requirements
- MBA or honours degree in a numerate subject
- Recognised leadership qualification
- Chartered membership of a recognised professional body such as MCIPS
- Willing and able to travel at short notice to visit suppliers who may be based in UK, Europe or further afield.
- Able to cope with multiple challenges simultaneously as the function develops
- Highly self-motivated with the skills and tenacity required to motivate others toward the same goals
For more information about the Head of Procurement opportunity, please contact email@example.com or +44 (0)161 214 7446.
All third party applications will be managed by Robert Walters.