Procurement Director - HR talent Acquisition
Salary £70,000 - £90,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Sam Trinder
Date posted 22 August 2018 2018-08-222018-10-21 consultancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My global client, one of the big four consultancy firms, are looking for an experienced Category Manager who has covered the HR contingent labour and Talent acquisition space to take the next step in their career to director level to oversee their enormous third party spend.
The Global Procurement Talent team is responsible for over £1Bn third party spend and an essential contributor to meet and exceed the overall ambitions for the business.
The Global Procurement Talent Centre of Excellence (CoE) Lead / Core Team Member plays a central role in
(1) driving top line revenue grow with commensurate Indirect Cost reduction
(2) supporting the transformation of the functional business areas and
(3) driving innovation by creating, cumulating and sharing global knowledge and build a sophisticated global supplier network
The reporting line will be to the Global Leader for Talent Acquisition or to one of the Global CoE Leaders. The holder of the role will be responsible for procurement strategy, sourcing execution, and senior stakeholder engagement on a Partner/Director level for selected programs/projects across the Talent portfolio. A typical area of responsibility will be in the areas of, but not limited to, permanent recruiting, candidate assessment, background screening, contingent workforce or consultancy and will include a spend of $100-250M and a team with direct or indirect leadership of 2-8 team members
The role will:
(1) be responsible for designing and implementing global and cross regional category sourcing programs across the Talent portfolio
(2) manage a portfolio of strategic suppliers globally through an innovative SRM program and in collaboration with the business leads and relevant stakeholders.
(3) actively participate in relevant industry discussions to promote and exchange best practice with peers in non-competing industries
(4) work closely with Stakeholders within Talent and key senior business partners including Market Leaders and risk management and to co-develop and support the overall business strategy
(5) actively develop and promote the use of innovative solutions such as robotics, analytics and other online digital business solutions
Essential Functions of the Job:
SME & strategy responsibilities (lead or significantly contribute to):
• Lead / significantly contribute to the CoE’s purpose
• Build and maintain the CoE Team.
• Develop category strategy (short/long term).
• Maintain CoE SharePoint site including folders on team, category strategy plan, value delivery, knowledge bank, tools & templates, and pipeline.
• Coordinate, gather, develop, and share subject matter expertise through the various channels.
• Share newsletters on SME & strategy, execution, stakeholders, innovation, and celebrate success.
• Host quarterly Procurement calls for Q&A’s.
• Develop stakeholder and supplier relationships.
Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirements:
• Significant years of Procurement experience, including but not limited to sourcing and demand management, covering all areas of Talent/HR spend
• Strong business acumen and ability to link business needs to sourcing strategies
• Build rapport efficiently, connects and expand network and promote teaming and consensus
• Proposes credible options, influences appropriately and reaches resolution with senior leaders
• Demonstrate effective decision-making and maturity that enhance interactions
• Adapt to the styles and cultural differences
• Strong skills in planning including research and insights, business strategy, sourcing and analytics
• Assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; mobilize people to take action; use creative approaches to motivate others to meet the strategic goals of Talent Procurement; engage with leaders effectively to gain sponsorship for activities
• Dynamic personality who is passionate about Talent Acquisition & Talent Management Procurement, has exciting visions for the future and the ability to deliver