Salary £25,000 - £34,000 per annum
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-09 purchasing-and-procurement UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am currently supporting an award winning and one of the largest businesses in the north west who are looking to recruit an I.T Buyer for their head office in South Manchester.
Main Duties of the I.T Buyer role:
- Responsibility for the end to end sourcing process associated with the procurement of goods and services and works within I.T categories
- Manage sourcing processes, including preparing RFP’s (request for proposal) and RFQ’s (request for quotation).
- Construct, negotiate, implement and manage supply and service level agreements/contracts
- Work with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure the appropriate management and administration of third party contracts.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the environment within which the IT Services category of supply operates and the risks and opportunities presented by the dynamics of those environments.
- Monitor/benchmark the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their products skills and experience.
- 2+ years in a procurement role, ideally with relevant IT or similar category knowledge.
- Knowledge of basic contract law and experience of contract formation and basic contract administration / management.
- The role will require excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders and the necessary skills required to execute relationships successfully (excellent communication skills, influencing)
- Demonstrable experience of managing an area of spend and the delivery of opportunities associated with this spend is essential
- Office proficient with intermediate PowerPoint, Word and preferred advanced Excel skills.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please click “apply” or contact Lee carey for further information