Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 03 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
A FTSE listed Financial Services business is recruiting a Category Management Specialist to join their Birmingham office. Paying £40-£50k and 10% annual bonus.
Key Responsibilities of Category Manager:
- Undertake category management activities for a number of categories across Indirect and direct spend with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, while improving service to stakeholders and retaining continuity of supply.
- Influence stakeholders in strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective and timely supply base decisions.
- Drive continuous operational improvement, mitigate identified risks, and contribute to developing and governing the Commercial Partnership teams sourcing & procurement policy, controls and processes.
- Support project and transactional activities as required and ensure Commercial Partnerships provides adequate support and oversight to optimise the commercial aspects of the desired management actions and outcomes
- Foster robust working relationships across the group to develop, implement and maintain appropriate Category Strategies, working closely to enhance value to Phoenix from effective and sustainable supply relationships.
- Maintain and refresh existing sourcing strategies for a portfolio of spend categories and suppliers including Information Technology.
- Use supply market tools and intelligence to present a complete picture of the category and to support the due diligence process for new suppliers to optimise outcomes for the business
- Identifying, prioritising and implementing a pipeline of cost saving/value enhancing opportunities within the categories
- Negotiating and implementing appropriate agreements (including Frameworks & Schedules) so that the agreement accurately reflects the required outcomes
- Identify and escalate supply risks to ensure continuity of supply
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Demonstrate purchasing experience with a generalist category spend (desirable), preferably (not essential) in a Financial Services environment
- contract negotiation including implementation, amendments, extensions, disputes
- Working in a highly regulated environment
- Understanding risk management practices, clearly identifying risk mitigation actions
- Proven experience of developing category and supplier strategies
- Extensive technical knowledge of Procurement and Finance systems
- Ability to deliver results to target as an individual and within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving dynamic financial environment.
- Managing to a tight budget and deadlines
- Significant contract law knowledge
- Exemplary communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to lead/participate in cross-functional and/or virtual teams
- Possess high levels of commercial acumen
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Key to success are advanced skills in analysis/synthesis in the application of a range of commercial models, with a focus on driving value to stakeholders.