Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Marketing and Product
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Daniel Petty
Date posted 19 July 2018 2018-07-192018-09-17 purchasing-and-procurement UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This role will support the Strategic Sourcing Lead in determining and managing the sourcing strategy across marketing and product, identifying and engaging with key senior stakeholders to ensure a robust methodology is utilised to identify requirements, search and appraise appropriate supply sources and negotiate contracts. The job holder will also support the Strategic Sourcing Lead in providing sourcing and procurement advice to designated business areas, acting as a category centre of expertise to the business, and will contribute to the wider strategic planning of the Procurement Team.
- Engaging with key partners to understand business requirements and to define and implement the category strategy, plans and processes for sourcing goods and services within a designated category or sub-categories, supported by the Strategic Sourcing Lead.
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge and understanding of the business / function’s business drivers, you will have a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall Visa business strategy.
- You will advise the business / function on procurement policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
- Supporting the Strategic Sourcing Lead on the planning and prioritisation activities of the category or sub-categories, you will ensure that the most important opportunities in terms of business needs, cost savings and risk mitigation are delivered and that the right priorities are selected.
- You will manage and drive key sourcing activities for business projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and to budget with appropriate risk management.
- You will develop and maintain long-term relationships with key existing strategic suppliers and identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility.
- You will develop key relationships with Europe Finance and Legal Business Partners
- Reviewing sourcing activities to ensure compliance with procurement policy and process, challenging non-compliant areas of the business / function as required.
- You will own, manage and track cost savings targets, policy compliance, adherence to the sourcing process and customer service for the category or sub-category managed.