Buyer - Marketing & Merchandise
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Daniel Petty
Date posted 17 July 2018 2018-07-172018-09-15 purchasing-and-procurement UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
The role is responsible for the planning and execution of sourcing Merchandise as well as supporting the Marketing team with Strategic Procurement activities. The buyer, as part of the Procurement team, will be expected to lead other initiatives, when required, that contribute to organisational goals. They will also manage communications with key suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to enhance both new and existing relationships.
- Management of relationships with key suppliers, negotiating on price and maintaining production schedules
- Work closely with the Marketing PM’s to provide Merchandise solutions in order to support key software releases and promotional activity.
- Planning for project milestones
- Building of strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Bid management to include development of sourcing strategy, stakeholder mapping and engagement, bid solicitation, contract negotiation and award, and on-going supplier governance.
- Execution of sourcing plans, especially implementation of change programs involving new suppliers or spend practice.
- Executes purchase orders on our systems and recharging of costs.
- Able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Among the first to volunteer to help others succeed.
- Independent, self-starting.
- Can learn new skills and knowledge. Picks up on technical things quickly.
- Customer Focus. Is highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Influencing. Proactive and able to influence others in the business interest.
- Relevant business degree (desirable) or equivalent intellectual status
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply or studying towards MCIPS
Experience, Knowledge & skills:
- Previous knowledge and experience within Marketing or Corporate Professional Service Procurement
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Experience in the Marketing Category of spend (desirable).
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal communications and the ability to work independently and across multiple functions.
- Success in working with teams.
- Problem solving ability, detail oriented ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Independent worker with high degree of professionalism, and integrity.
- Drive for Results. Highly results oriented. Keeps the organization on track and delivery oriented.
- Interpersonal skills. Is emotionally intelligent and comfortably relates to many different types of people.