Category Manager - Human Resources
Salary £400 - £500 per day
Location City of London
Consultant Sam Trinder
Date posted 12 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My global investment banking is looking for a senior sourcing manager to join their Professional Services Sourcing procuremnt global team within the Firmwide Sourcing organisation responsible for the management and sourcing of all Contingent Labour and all Professional Services Engagements on behalf of the Firm, including; IT/Ops (Onshore and Offshore), Tax/Audit/Advisory (Big 4 and secondary), Management Consulting (Front Office and Infrastructure).
Assignment Duration: 12 Months
The candidate will be required to lead and manage the Contingent Labour Operations function for EMEA (the temporary labour program) and strategic sourcing, procurement, as well as vendor management activities for the Professional Services Sourcing Group (PSSG) in EMEA.
The interim role will report to the Global Head of Contingent Labour and Professional Services Sourcing Group.
The suitable candidate should be able to demonstrate the following, that they can run RFP/RFXs, demonstrate contract negation skills, can drive cost savings on professional services and can draft and redline contracts with minimal dependency on the internal legal function.
Responsibilities to include:
Contingent Labour Operations
Overall management of the EMEA Temporary Staffing vendor, encompassing the IT & Non IT temporary & contractor population.
This will include:
• Monitoring and reporting on supplier performance (service levels, quality).
• Managing the relationships with key internal clients & acting as a point of contact for all requests.
• Single point of escalation for all queries and issues within the Contingent Labour Operations function.
• Monitoring and enforcing compliance with Firm standards and contracts (internally and with supplier).
• Ensuring improvement of the supply chain with suppliers to reduce cost and increase quality.
• Acting as trusted advisor to the business regarding all contingent worker management.
• Assure data maintenance and compliance in all tools.
• Provide reporting to assist clients in managing demand.
• Ensuring underlying resource pricing is in line with the market.
• Enforce contracts compliance (internally and with supplier).
Professional Services Sourcing
End to end sourcing of Technology/ Tax/Audit/Accounting/Advisory/Other Consulting services and other professional services for the Firm.
This will include:
• Leading vendor negotiations, performing financial analysis, ensuring the adherence to master terms, managing approved/preferred suppliers, and risk management.
• Monitoring and ensuring adherence to financial, legal and risk policies and procedures.
• Working with Suppliers, business users and Morgan Stanley’s Legal department to secure optimal contractual arrangements for the procurement of professional services, including; contract consulting, project consulting, outsourcing, managed services arrangements.
• Drafting and revising SOWs/Task Orders, Master Agreements, Addendums/Amendments, Change Orders, as well as conducting RFx’s
Other responsibilities not limited to but include:
• Management of day-to-day Vendor and Business/Client communications and contract management.
• Ensuring all engagements are approved and budgets are available and proper financial and risk management practices are adhered.
• Ability to record key information (e.g. Contracts, spend, savings) using internal established systems. Strong technical skills utilizing internal and commercial applications used by the firm, including Ariba E-Sourcing tool and full MS Office suite.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by securing optimal price/performance in contract negotiations.
• Provide leadership in supplier relationship(s), resolving & escalating issues, as well as provide vendor performance feedback as necessary.
• Maintain awareness of current market trends and conditions that affect suppliers, cost of goods, pricing and may have operational or strategic implications for the company.
• Vendor Management of Contingent Labour essential, professional services sourcing experience strongly preferred.
• Strong understanding of legal terms and conditions and strong negotiation skills. Coupled with knowledge of business and contract law related to consulting and professional services is required; with particular emphasis in the Technology and Tax/Audit/Accounting/Advisory
• Previous experience with the full life cycle of contracts is essential.
• Experience with drafting and revising SOWs/Task Orders, Master Agreements, Addendums/Amendments, Change Orders, as well as conducting RFx’s is essential.
• Prior financial services experience will be key and knowledge of the Financial Services Industry’s Institutional and Retail Products and Services helpful.
• Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills, outstanding communication abilities, and capacity to multi-task, as well as prioritize.
• Excellent supplier management, contract negotiations expertise and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Superior customer service/relationship management skills
• Solid presentation skills and creative thinking abilities
• Demonstrate an excellent track record of project management, sourcing process improvement and realization of significant savings
• A self-starter with ability to operate in a challenging environment
• Team player