Salary £30,000 - £36,000 per annum
Consultant Daniel Petty
Date posted 06 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Working within the procurement operations team, you will play a critical part in delivering an effective procurement service to the business, whilst still ensuring that goods and services are procured in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Support the Head of Procurement and Contract Operations in implementing the Procurement Operating model for the business.
- Support the implementation of a vendor consolidation programme working with the Category team and business to ensure this aligns with the overall business strategy.
- Produce and manage sourcing activities (RFx) for key areas of spend within defined area of responsibility.
- Lead/support on related negotiations with suppliers to ensure savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiencies are secured for the business.
- Suggest areas where the implementation of procurement technology/transaction reduction strategies (for example P-card, electronic invoicing, catalogues) would improve processes and deliver efficiencies.
- Devise, collect and analyse spend and market data in support of procurement strategies
- Manage supplier contracts in line with policies and procedures to drive both value and compliance for the Company. Implement Inmarsat terms wherever possible.
- Creating and issuing clean purchase orders in line with the service levels agreed with the business
- Ensure close working relationship with key areas of the business such as requsitioners, Accounts payable, Finance operations etc.
- Knowledge of integrated computer based procurement systems (SAP/ERP/MS office)
- Management of end to end RFP/ERP systems and processes, contract award and supplier management methodologies
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Familiar with standard/simple contractual frameworks
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Educated to degree level
- CIPS or working towards
- Experience working in a complex global or multisite FTSE100/FTSE250