Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Sam Trinder
Date posted 11 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My global law firm client, working across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia, is looking for an experienced procurement manager to initiate the implementation of their new cost savings targets. This progressive, commercially focused client, based in central London, requires candidates with a broad knowledge of procurement across all in-direct categories.
This procurement manager position is a new, standalone role, responsible for sourcing, purchasing, supplier and spend management in partnership with the business leadership team and suppliers to deliver solutions for the firm, balancing costs against service levels and risks.
The role's key responsibilities will include:
Working collaboratively with stakeholders to establish demand
- Demonstrate expertise through extensive data gathering, bringing together supplier, competitor and industry knowledge
- Build a procurement strategy that ties in with the business requirements and projections working with relevant SMEs
- Lead negotiations to ensure that our major supplier contracts deliver maximum commercial benefit, whilst adequately protecting the firm from adverse risk exposure
- Being responsible for all third party supplier contracts and the contract management lifecycle
- Delivering financial benefits to the business deriving from strategic sourcing activity, contractual negotiations and post-contract vendor management
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with any regulatory requirements
- Ensure that the procurement is engaged with throughout the business
- Ensure an effective handover from procurement to BAU service management, managing all contract governance activities to ensure full compliance to relevant agreed processes and timescales
- Acting as an escalation point for procurement issues
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of setting up a procurement function or managing a greenfield/brownfield site.
- In-depth knowledge of indirect procurement (services), with a strong knowledge in the IT area of spend.
- Proven experience of working as a procurement specialist, ideally within a regulated background – legal, insurance, banking, pharmaceuticals.
- Proven experience / knowledge of managing outsourced third party relationships.
- Strong, professional and refined negotiation skills, coupled with sound commercial acumen and understanding of complex business issues.
- Well-developed financial/business planning and management skills.
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Budgeting/cost management experience.
- Personal authority, independence, robustness and resilience.
- Good project management skills.