Senior Buyer - Chemicals
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 11 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer - chemicals, for my market leading international client. Reporting to the Global Director, the right candidate will thrive and develop their career potential in the busy and friendly head office in Greater Manchester.
Main Duties to include:
Complete chemical category management, including spend analysis, tendering and business award.
- Negotiating, implementing and maintaining supplier agreements.
- Driving cost reduction and reporting all cost-saving activity against agreed targets.
- Working with the support of quality, operations, and R&D teams and thriving in a culture of continuous improvement to deliver efficiencies.
- Assisting in the creation and development of supply strategies that deliver business objectives across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory compliance, service, cost and innovation.
- Undertaking supplier performance reviews as necessary to maintain supplier performance levels for quality, cost and delivery.
Experience of sourcing chemicals, negotiating prices and terms, demonstrating industry/category knowledge
Purchasing experience within a commercially driven chemicals or FMCG organisation.e
An understanding of end to end supply chain to enable cost saving opportunities with suppliers.
Microsoft Office/excel user, SAP or similar ERP environment user desirable.
CIPS accredited or equivalent in-role experience.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity click apply or contact Lee Carey for further information