Head of Capital Equipment Procurement
Salary £85,000 - £95,000 per annum
Consultant Daniel Petty
Date posted 05 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
You will be responsible the procurement of Capital Equipment and Assets: A global spend in the region of £100M per annum. Reporting into the Fleet/Equipment Procurement Director, you will develop and deliver procurement strategies and programmes that satisfy varied business requirements, with a key focus on reducing business overheads
- Develop and implement the category sourcing strategy for Indirect and Related Services ensuring it is aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Ensure all business regions fully optimise its procurement leverage through structured supplier rationalisation and consolidation programmes for both goods and services.
- Challenge business unit/countries when spend is not optimised (specification/demand/unit price)
- Build business cases to deliver required changes.
- Establish key external market contacts to ensure relevant market intelligence is available to the business and factored into key decision making processes.
- Source, negotiate and contract with key suppliers, ensuring supply chain solutions meet the business requirements and deliver value for money.
- Establish clear KPI’s and SLA’s, in line with business requirements, and manage supplier performance against these within a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure full contractual and legal compliance of goods and services ensuring suppliers perform strictly in line with all contractual conditions, service commitments and legislative requirements.
- Perform regular market testing and benchmarking against existing contracts to ensure they maintain market competitiveness and deliver value for money.
- Provide commercial and contractual leadership in the negotiation of indexation and other contract variations.
- Continuously seek opportunities to leverage the category spend to further reduce supplier costs, drive out additional savings, and improve overall efficiencies
- Provide leadership and support as required to ensure successful mobilisation of new supply contracts.
- Demonstrable experience in a professional purchasing role, within a FTSE 100 or equivalent global business.
- Previous experience of selecting and managing suppliers in the categories of CAPEX, Fleet, MRO and maintenance.
- Previous experience in managing large outsourced services contracts essential.
- Contract negotiation, drafting and management of tendering processes including contracts up to the value of £50M.
- Strong commercial acumen, advanced knowledge of contract law, good financial management and proven communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experienced in the set up and utilisation of eProcurement, eAuction and on line Catalogue Ordering Systems, such as SAP and Ariba preferable.