Head of Procurement
Salary £140,000 - £160,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Natalie Cottier
Date posted 23 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A new and exciting Head of Procurement role has just become available with a leading FTSE 250 Technology business based in central London. Reporting directly to the CFO this role offers a new challenge for a Head of Procurement who is a leader in their field.
As the Head of Procurement you will support the CFO to deliver a highly effective world class group procurement service, delivering consistent cost avoidance and cost reduction year over year. As the head of Procurement you will provide supplier contract execution and administration, working effectively with the wider team and its suppliers.
- Consistently deliver material cost avoidance and cost reduction, leveraging best practice procurement activities including first-class negotiation, programme management, supplier and business relationships
- Establish, maintain and execute appropriate medium term supply and supplier strategies, working with the business, consistently ensuring both immediate and medium-term supply at optimum appropriate cost and quality
- Ensure that the group’s supplier base is well-managed, ensuring tight control of the suppliers, appropriate standard terms of trade, careful underlying supplier selection and robust supplier management processes
- Deliver a high-quality contract execution operation service for both supplier and customer operations, ensuring that well managed industrial grade processes are in place to ensure prompt, consistent transaction processing
- Lead the Procurement and Contract Operations teams, ensuring that the team are appropriately skilled, well managed and operating effectively
- Proactively play a constructive management role both as a senior member of the Finance leadership team and as a member of the extended group leadership team
Essential and desirable skills:
- Strong academic background, CIPS qualification is advantageous
- Experienced senior procurement executive with proven, successful, material experience of international procurement activities including technology markets
- Majority of recent career in high-quality, large international organisations with clear evidence of progression and holistic, material results delivery
- Proven capability to establish and maintain efficient and effective processes, driving constant improvement in operations and quality of service
- Proven capability to build and lead critical teams under operational pressure
- Commercially minded, strong negotiator, strategic and committed to delivering a high quality service to the business
- Ability to create positive relationships across multiple jurisdictions and cultures
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across a wide range of seniority, both internally and externally
If you are career focused and a strong leader, this Head of Procurement role is for you.
Apply today or email email@example.com.